Washington D.C.

Hello Friends! It has been too long! A lot has been happening this last month and so Seth and I are going to catch you up on everything! First things First, I will be talking about our quick trip to Washington D.C. this last weekend so Seth could run the Army 10 Miler.


Since Seth had a music concert on Friday, we decided to leave on Saturday morning. We left our apartment around 6:45 am to catch a 9:30 am flight to Washington D.C. We arrived in D.C. around 11:30 and before we left the airport we decided to get lunch since my blood sugar was on the lower side. After lunch we hopped onto the metro and made our way to the Army 10 Miler expo at the Washington D.C. armory, to look around and pick up Seth’s packet for the race on Sunday.


Even though I was not running in the race, I really enjoyed just walking around the expo and seeing all things running! We walked around for 45 minutes until we decided to hop back on the metro and go where we were staying for the night in Silver Spring.


My Dad used to live in Washington D.C. and still had friends there. They graciously let us stay with them. Jen (the middle) also ran the Army 10 Miler with her friend Tanya. Bill (on the right) was my running around D.C. buddy to catch Seth, Jen, and Tanya throughout the race. I had not seen Jen and Bill since the Army 10 Miler three years ago so it was very nice to catch up with and chat the rest of the evening. We ordered pizza for dinner that night for pre-race day carb load. I was totally okay for carb overload even though 1) I was not running the race and 2) we usually do not get the best of pizza where we live.


We were up on race day around 5:00 am and left the house around 6:15 am to drive to the Pentagon which was the start of the race. When Bill and I dropped off Jen, Tanya, and Seth we dropped off the car at Ronald Reagan Airport and took the metro to Arlington Cemetery to catch them on Mile 2 of the race.



Before the race started it was rainy, cloudy, and very windy, but as the race went on the rain stopped and the sun decided to come out. Seth came over the bridge (around the Lincoln Memorial) around 9:00 am. After we saw him then, we never saw him again until the race was finished. He did such a wonderful job especially because he had to train in Paris throughout July and during our move to New York. Seth finished the Army 10 Miler with a time of 1:30:00. We saw Tanya and Jen around 9:20 am and from there we were able to catch them every 2 miles until they finished the race.

During the race we thought it was the perfect time to take a picture!
On the back side of the photo is the USDA.


Walking along the National Mall!

All three runners, Bill and I were back together around 10:45 and hopped on the metro to fetch our car and head to lunch. We drove closer to Silver Spring to eat lunch at an Irish Pub and relax. After lunch was over, we all headed back to the house. Seth and I had a 10:45 pm flight to catch that night and decided it would be best if we took a nap. We left for the airport at 5:oo pm via the metro and got to the airport around 6:00. We had a while before our flight, but we thought it would be nice to get there early, get through security and have a nice dinner together. After dinner Seth caught up on emails and I watched Grey’s Anatomy. We arrived into Buffalo at 12:15 and made our drive back to Houghton, putting us back around 2:00am on Monday morning.

Seth and I had a wonderful time in D.C. and thought it was way to quick! We are hoping that we will get to go back soon to enjoy the people, monuments and food! I am sorry that it has been a while since we blogged! However, we have moved and are slowly getting settled into our new place! Seth will be talking about our move and everything that was involved soon, as well as updating you on how his work and studies have been going. 🙂

We love you guys!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s