The weather in Upstate New York has been strangely warm these last few weeks! I am hoping that it stays like this… It reminds me of all things Spring 😀 . In January & February I read a lot of blog posts here and here from ClassicCatherine about being intentional with your goals and finding what is important to you. I thought it might be nice to share a few of my goals with you, not so much for accountability, but for a bit clearer picture of what our life here is like. I asked Seth for his goals so you will see those as well. Here are some thing we would like to accomplish in March:
- Finish composing my new art song for tenor, cello, and piano.
- Do what I can to make the premiere of my piece “Divergent Winds” a success, both in Oklahoma (for sax and piano) and in New York (for wind ensemble and sax).
- Work on a set of game music samples for YouTube. I’m qualified and interested in writing game music, but it’s tough to get gigs when you don’t have any work to show. A nice slew of Youtube samples will be a good first step.
- Make significant progress on my term paper for my German Romanticism class.
- Memorize 2nd Timothy chapter 3. (shout out to my friend Thomas Whitmore, who has memorized a few chapters with me in the past)
- Find a running race to begin training for!
- Finally get my bike put together. It’s only been in a box for… like… a year.
- Be an intentional and surprising husband.
- Dive into the She Reads Truth Lent Study.
- Continue to workout and learn to enjoy it. I read a quote from PBFingers Blog that said “Workout because you love your body, not because you hate it.” I really want to learn how to do that this month.
- Stick to our monthly budget. Seth and I have been working really hard to stick to our budget and learn how to live a more minimalistic lifestyle.
- Plan blog posts and figure out where this blog can go!
- Plan a special date night for Seth and I.
- Find a healthier/safer face wash. I have looked into Beautycounter and even though they can be expensive, I think using a safer cleanser for my face is just what my body needs right now!
- Visit Letchworth State Park.
- Work on my calligraphy!
We love and miss you guys. Big life changes are headed our way that we hope to be able to share with you soon.